The estates team at Keam Standen can help you with all aspects of your estate planning:
- Enduring power of attorney (EPA) – property and personal care and welfare
- Estate planning and administration
Estate planning is more than just deciding who gets what when you die – it's about developing a plan (your will) that sets out how you want your assets to be dealt with at that time. We can advise you on how best to ensure your wishes are carried out.
We also offer guidance and advice on Enduring Powers of Attorney. An Enduring Power of Attorney allows you to nominate the person or people you wish to manage your affairs if you were ever unable to manage them yourself. There are two types of enduring powers of attorney, one for your property and assets and one for your personal care and welfare.
Estate administration is the process of carrying out a person's wishes as set out in their will and our experienced estates team expertly and compassionately manage the entire legal process which includes:
- Meeting with the executors of the will, keeping them and beneficiaries updated throughout the administration process
- Applying for and obtaining probate through the High Court
- Realising estate assets and clearing estate debts
- Transferring property, closing bank accounts
- Distributing estate assets
- Managing life interests
- Managing requirements for beneficiaries who are minors